Calgary-based Dissolve, a stock footage and photography company, is looking for a Jr. Accountant/Bookkeeper. Dissolve is a growing technology corporation that works in a paperless environment. As the junior accountant/bookkeeper, you will be responsible for day-to-day accounting, processing payments, bank reconciliation and general administration. You love collaboration and coming up with new ways of doing things.
We’re looking for a qualified individual who is highly motivated, reliable, accountable and professional. The successful candidate must be able to leverage technology to make work more manageable and possess the judgment required for planning and prioritizing their workload. Dissolve is a highly collaborative team and preference will be to candidates who are dedicated to helping make our team as effective and productive as possible.
What you can expect:
• Bookkeeping using all journals/modules in QuickBooks
• GST reconciliation and preparation
• Preparation of compilation year-end work
• Bank account reconciliation
• Accounts payables and receivable tasks
• General administration
What you bring to the role:
• Accounting educational background with a Bachelor of Commerce degree or Business Administration diploma.
• Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software and Microsoft Office programs (in particular Excel)
• Strong communication, organizational, and time management skills, along with a collaborative work style
Bonus points if you have:
• A minimum of 1 to 2 years of full-cycle bookkeeping experience
• Experience and education is in an accounting program
• An understanding of human resources, benefits, and legal is an asset
• An aptitude for learning new tools and technology
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta. We thank everyone for their interest; however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.