Calgary-based Dissolve, a stock footage and photography company, is looking for a Designer/Video Editor.
Who we are:
We are a dedicated team full of passionate members and departments all working towards common goals. Here, collaboration is key. We work in an exciting, fast-paced environment, and a close-knit culture.
Who you are:
If you’re a versatile graphic designer looking to focus more energy on video, we want to hear from you. You live and breath culture and want a vehicle to contribute to it in a big way. As part of the Dissolve marketing team, you’ll explore the creative possibilities of our stock footage and photo library to create videos that inspire our audience of ad agencies, production companies, and digital designers. You’ll also create digital marketing materials for our web site, online ads, print materials, and trade show screens. It’s a fast-moving, collaborative team with broad briefs and influential audiences.
A day in the life:
• Conceptualize and create digital marketing such as emails, web elements, and social graphics
• Conceptualize and create videos that show the possibilities of our footage and photography
• Collaborate with the marketing team on projects, campaigns, and creative strategy
What you bring to the role:
• Degree or diploma in video production or graphic design
• Agency or in-house experience in a graphic design, web design, or video production is a plus
• Experience translating client briefs (in-house, agency, or self-directed) into successful work
• High-level skills with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign
• High-level skills with Adobe Premiere or After Effects or, Final Cut Pro
• Experience with sound editing within video apps or standalone apps such as Logic or ProTools
• Obsessed with video culture, from mainstream to cinema and art
• Culturally savvy and connected
• Typography skills
• Resourceful and energetic with a desire to continually improve your technique and craft
• Hungry to have your work seen and noticed - we need your ideas and inspiration!
We want to see your skills; include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter/resume.
Don't meet these criteria exactly? But you are a go-getter who’s keen to work and learn in a highly creative and fast-paced environment? We want to talk to you.